Office of Research
Funding Agency Proposal Submission and Award Management Related
Several funding agencies have provided Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on their websites regarding Proposal Submission and Award Management related to COVID-19. You are encouraged to visit the specific agency website for updates. Contact the Office of Research and the Program Manager/Director of the funding agency for assistance in complying with the guidelines and procedures.
National Science Foundation Guide/FAQs
- Dear Colleague Letter on the Coronavirus Disease - Announces funding for COVID-19 related research
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for National Science Foundation (NSF) Proposers and Awardees - An extensive set of FAQ associated with proposal submission and award management
- The National Science Foundation has issued Important Notice No. 146 to the Community Regarding COVID-19. NSF has also issued additional guidance on it's implementation of the Office of Management and Budget Memorandum (M-20-17). NSF has implemented
flexibilities authorized by OMB from specific administrative, financial management
and audit requirements contained in 2 CFR Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements,
Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards without compromising accountability
Any questions about the policies described in the NSF Guidance should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions specific to a particular award should be directed to the cognizant NSF Program Officer. NSF is working to update existing FAQs and other resources to reflect NSF's new guidance and will keep you informed on its website at nsf.gov/coronavirus.
- 2020 Funding deadline changes
Department of Energy - Office of Science
- Office of Science Guidance on Accommodating Interruptions to Applications and Awardees due to COVID-19
Department of Defense
- Frequently Asked Questions for DOD Research Proposers and Awardees Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
National Institutes of Health Guide/FAQs
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients - Summary of guidance to date from NIH
- NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency - Provides guidance for late applications
- Proposal Submission and Award Management Related to COVID-19 - Addresses general questions associated with proposal submission and award management; some guidance on travel, cancelled conferences, etc.
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance - Addresses a range of topics related to pre-award costs; extension of post-award financial and other reporting; prior approval requirement waivers; and salaries, stipend, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) COVID-19 Flexibilities for Applicants and Recipients - Offers an array of Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers) in response to inquiries on policies and programs affecting the grants process
- Flexibilities for Assured Institutions for Activities of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUCs) Due to COVID-19
- NIH Message to Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funds on Flexibilities Needed for COVID-19 (Video)
- Call for Rapid Access Proposals for COVID-19 Research Using Neutron Scattering Resources (also see our Find Funding page for more information)
- Council on Governmental Relations Institutional and Agency Responses to COVID-19 and Additional Resources
- The following link will take you to a list of funding opportunities related to the COVID-19 pandemic. These opportunities are updated daily by 6:00 a.m. CDT and are curated by the InfoEd Global SPIN editorial team: https://www.infoedglobal.com/COVID19/COVID-19.html.
- NSF Implementation of OMB Memorandum M-20-26, "Extension of Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applications of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Due to Loss of Operations" (June 18, 2020) (Please note OMB Memoranda M-20-17 and M-20-20 have been rescinded.)