College of Graduate Studies
Welcome to the source for all College of Graduate Studies forms. If the form is not part of the DocuSign workflow process, the form should be completed and emailed to email@example.com. If the items are sent by email, please note in the subject line that attachments are included.
If you have any questions, contact us and we will be happy to assist you!
› Admission and Readmission
› Admission Material
› Enrolled Student Forms
› Appointment of Graduate Faculty
› Committee / Candidacy
› Courses and Credits
› IRB for Protection of Human Subjects
› Program of Study
› Post-Master's Certificates through TN eCampus
› Master's Level
› Specialist in Education (Ed.S.)
› Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
› Release of Records
› Thesis / Dissertation Defense
› Graduation Forms
› Comprehensive Exit Exams
› Ph.D. Exit
Admission / Readmission
Ready to apply for admission to a graduate program? Before starting any necessary admission materials, you'll first need to fill out your admission application. If you have any questions, we're here to help!
- Experiential Track Supplemental Form » This form is to be completed for the applicants to the MS Community Health and Nutrition program if they plan to pursue both the MS degree and the Experiential Learning Track.
- Graduate Advisor Acceptance Form » This form is to be submitted by applicants in to the MS program in Biology and the Ph.D. program in Environmental Sciences in the concentrations of Geosciences, Agriculture, Biology, and Integrated Research.
- Graduate Assistantship Application »
- International Student Advisor Report » This form is to be completed by international students currently attending another institution in the U.S.
- Instructional Leadership Prospective Candidate Form »
- Letter of Recommendation » This form is not accepted by Ph.D. in Exceptional Learning Program. For that program, please use a traditional recommendation letter that includes an assessment of your academic abilities.
- Student Health Form » Health forms will be required by the Health Services Office prior to registration.
Students must apply for readmission when a gap occurs in attendance (excludes summer). If the student is out longer than one semester - student should reapply through the student portal. If a student is out only one semester - student may complete the readmission form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrolled Student Forms
The following forms are for students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at Tennessee Tech.
Appointment of Graduate Faculty
Committee / Candidacy
Courses and Credits
- Course Validation Form »
- Fast Track Course Credit for Existing Students » This form is to be completed by advisors only for existing Fast Track students.
- Fast Track Program Acceptance + Course Credit Form » This form is to be completed by advisors only for new Fast Track students.
- Graduate Assistant Request for Student Overload »
- Request for Graduate Course for Undergraduate or Graduate Credit »
- Substitution Form »
- Transfer of Graduate Credits Application »
- Exception Request to Walk in Commencement Form » This form must be submitted before the deadline. Please see the calendar for deadline.
- Graduate Academic Fresh Start »
- Reinstatement Request Form »
- Reinstatement Process Guide/Instructions »
- Request for Exception to University Requirement »
IRB For Protection of Human Subjects
All research involving human subjects require approval from the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects. The Office of Research provides additional information regarding IRB.
Program of Study Forms
All students conducting research and writing a thesis must be assigned an advisory committee. The Appointment of the Advisory Committee / Admission to Candidacy Application form is available below. A program of study worksheet is not required by COGS but may be used by the advisor in establishing a degree plan.
With the implementation of Degree Works, all programs of study are automatically populated upon admission. Below are the detailed program of study worksheets for use by departments. These worksheets are not required by the College of Graduate Studies. Program of Study Worksheet for Department Use Only »
- » Certificates
- Computer Science Education
- Managerial Environmental Informatics
- Professional Studies - Healthcare Informatics
- Professional Studies - Human Resources Leadership
- Professional Studies - Public Safety
- Professional Studies - Strategic Leadership
- Professional Studies - TESOL
- Professional Studies - Training and Development
- Online Teaching and Design
- Service (Students Engaging, Responding, Volunteering & Impacting Communities Everywhere)
- Technical Environmental Informatics
- » Post-Master's Certificate through TN eCampus
- » Master's Level
- Accountancy (MAcc)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Counseling and Psychology (MA)
- English - Professional & Tech. Comm. - Sub Option (MA)
- English - Professional & Technical Communication (MA)
- English - Creative Writing (MA)
- English - Literature (MA)
- MA, M.Ed., or MS
- Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Nursing - Nursing Administration (MSN)
- Nursing - Nursing Education (MSN)
- Professional Science - Environmental Informatics (PSM)
- Professional Studies - Healthcare Administration (MPS)
- Professional Studies - Public Safety (MPS)
- Professional Studies - Strategic Leadership (MPS)
- Professional Studies - Human Resources Leadership (MPS)
- Professional Studies - Training and Development (MPS)
- TESOL (MPS)
- Accountancy (MAcc)
- » Specialist in Education (Ed.S.)
- » Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Exceptional Learning (PhD) Program of Study
- Exceptional Learning (MA-PhD) Program of Study
- Engineering (PhD) Program of Study
- Engineering (MS-PhD) Program of Study
- Environmental Science - Agriculture (PhD) Program of Study
- Environmental Science - Biology (PhD) Program of Study
- Environmental Science - Chemistry (PhD) Program of Study
- Environmental Science - Geosciences (PhD) Program of Study
- Environmental Science - Integrated Research Program of Study
- Nursing - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (BSN-DNP)
- Nursing - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (BSN-DNP)
- Nursing - Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (BSN-DNP)
- Nursing - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN-DNP)
- Nursing - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (MSN-DNP)
- Nursing - Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN-DNP)
- Exceptional Learning (PhD) Program of Study
Release of Records
Thesis/Dissertation Defense and Approval Page
In addition to satisfying all degree requirements, a candidate for a degree must submit an Application for Graduation using Tech Express or Degree Works. A graduate student must be enrolled during the term in which the degree is awarded. If a student applies for graduation but fails to satisfy graduation requirements, the student must reapply.
Due dates for the submission of the application are as follows:
Summer — February 1st*
Fall — June 1st
Spring — September 1st
The next graduation date you may apply to is Fall 2023:
The application for graduation in the Fall 2023 semester is available through Tech Express or Degree Works until June 1, 2023.
Ready to walk at Commencement? View full details on the upcoming commencement ceremony, including details on regalia, arrival information, schedule, and live stream details. If you'd like to provide details on how to pronounce your name when you walk across the stage, be sure to submit the Name Pronunciation Instructions form below, or visit the name pronunciation table at Senior Salute.
Name Pronunciation Instructions
Certificate earners do not participate in the University commencement ceremony. Certificate students may attend the end of term activities that may be held in their respective college.
Summer Commencement Ceremonies
There is not a commencement ceremony for those graduating in August. Students who wish to participate will be allowed to return to the University for the December commencement ceremony.
Comprehensive Exit Exam
- Survey of Earned Doctorate » This form is for Ph.D. graduates only.