Welcome Students!

Resources you need are found on these webpages

→Use the drop down menu above to take you quickly to the relevant area to meet your needs.←

Student Forms

Welcome to the source for all College of Graduate Studies forms. If the form is not part of the DocuSign workflow process, the form should be completed and emailed to If the items are sent by email, please note in the subject line what attachments are included. 

If you have any questions, contact us and we will be happy to assist you!


Admission / Readmission

Ready to apply for admission to a graduate program? Before starting any necessary admission materials, you'll first need to fill out your admission application. If you have any questions, we're here to help!

Apply Now

Admission Materials

Request Deferral of Admission Term

If you wish to change your entry term, please complete the Deferral Request Form.


Students must apply for readmission when a gap occurs in attendance (excludes summer).  Students should reapply through the application portal.


Enrolled Student Forms

The following forms are for students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at Tennessee Tech.

Committee / Candidacy

Changes Forms:  Need to Make A Modification or Change?

Courses and Credits

Defense: Thesis/Dissertation Defense and Approval Page

Exceptions and Reinstatement

Exit Exams

Comprehensive Exit Exams

Ph.D. Exit Exam 

Graduate Assistantship

Graduation Forms

    • Tech Express - submit your application for graduation through Tech Express.  Once in Tech Express, select Eagle Online, Student Menu, and then Student Records Menu.  Select Graduate Studies application, confirm your latest enrollment semester, and select the program you are graduating with. If graduating with a degree and a certificate - you must apply for each separately.
    • Due dates for the submission of the application are as follows:
      Fall — June 1st
      Spring — September 1st
      Summer — February 1st

    • Change of Graduation Term Request.  If you need to change your graduation semester, please complete this form. NOTE: you must be enrolled during the term in which your program requirements are met.
    • Exception Request to Walk in Commencement Form -  This form is used in the event you want to walk in commencement during a different semester in which you graduate in. (Note: Summer students are automatically added to the Fall commencement list.) Doctoral students (PhD, DNP) cannot walk early. This form must be submitted before the deadline. Please see calendar for deadline.  See bottom of page regarding commencement info.

Graduate Faculty Forms

IRB For Protection of Human Subjects

All research involving human subjects require approval from the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects.  The Research & Economic Development department provides additional information regarding IRB. 

Program of Study Forms

All students conducting research and writing a thesis must be assigned an advisory committee.  The Appointment of the Advisory Committee / Admission to Candidacy Application form is available below. A program of study worksheet is not required by COGS but may be used by the advisor in establishing a degree plan.

With the implementation of Degree Works, all programs of study are automatically populated upon admission.  Below are the detailed program of study worksheets for use by departments. These worksheets are not required by the College of Graduate Studies. Program of Study Worksheet for Department Use Only »

Release of Records


Experience Tech For Yourself

Visit us to see what sets us apart.

Schedule Your Visit