Aerospace Engineering Concentration
What is Aerospace Engineering?
Aerospace engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, testing, and production of aircraft and spacecraft. The field related to aircraft and related systems is known as aeronautical engineering. The field including spacecraft, missiles, rocket-propulsion systems, and other equipment operating beyond the earth's atmosphere is known as astronautical engineering. Hundreds of our ME grads already work in this field, and you’ll be in demand too!
About the Program
Although this concentration is "new" for Fall 2022, we've been teaching students the skills they need to enter this exciting field for many years. This concentration is based on input from top companies looking for employees that will shape the aerospace industry's future. Your hands-on experience and engaging with cutting-edge technologies will give you the kind of know-how and experience employers want!
- Discover many networking and co-op opportunities than can help you land a great job through our many partnerships with local, state, and regional companies and government agencies.
- Learn next-generation aerospace technologies being used by top companies in the industry .
- Gain additional experience in your senior design courses when you and a team tackle an aerospace issue and try to design and build a solution.
After you graduate, you'll join the hundreds of other Tech alumni in this field. Careers options include:
- Aircraft design engineer
- Flight systems test engineer
- Operation integration manager
- Propulsion manager
- Rocket engineer
- Spacecraft systems engineer
- Wind tunnel engineers
Companies that Hire Our Grads
|Boeing||Delta Air Lines||Dynetics||General Electric|
|General Dynamics||Honeywell||Lockheed Martin||NASA|
|Northrup Grumman||SAIC||U.S. Air Force||U.S. Department of Defense|