Angelo & Jennette Volpe Library
The Volpe Library can score and provide results for Scantron answer sheets.
Scoring services are typically available when the library is open, except between 4:00 p.m. Fridays and 4:00 p.m. Sundays.
Scantron answer sheets ready for scoring must be submitted:
- in-person at the library front desk
- in an envelope
- to a full-time staff member OR in the Scantron Drop-Off box at the end of the front desk (do not leave them with student workers)
- with the answer key on top, all sheets face-up, and all sheets turned the same direction
- with an answer key color that matches the answer sheet color
- without stray marks in any area outside of the answer sections
- without staples, clips, extra papers, or folds in the sheets
Library staff will have you fill out a brief contact slip to accompany your packet. If you would like to fill out the contact slip ahead of time and bring it with your submission, you may download this file for printing.
Your exams will be handled only by full-time employees of the Volpe Library, and students will not have access to the sheets or the grading hardware/software.
Length of Time to Score:
Tests are scored as soon as possible and results are most often emailed within an hour of drop-off. Scoring results could be delayed due to staff availability, closures, or equipment issues.
Once scored, results will be delivered via email. Emailed results will be sent only to Tech email accounts and will be sent as soon as the scoring is completed. Emailed results will come from email@example.com. There will be no scoring marks printed on individual answer sheets.
Emailed reports include the following:
- Summary Report: shows the number and percentage correct for each student
- Frequency Distribution Report: shows the number of students in each grade range
- Statistical Report: includes mean, standard deviation, and other statistical measures
- Response Report: shows a plot of each answer by each student
- Condensed Test Report: provides a breakdown of responses to each question
- Question-by-Question Analyses
- Raw data file
The emailed reports are in PDF format with the exception of the raw data file, which is in XLS (Excel) format.
Picking Up Exams:
Please pick up exams within two weeks of receiving the scoring reports via email. Exams cannot be returned to an instructor or department via campus mail and must be retrieved in person. Exams not picked up will be destroyed according to Policy 113.
The scanning hardware requires specific Scantron exam sheets. To buy these sheets, fill out the "Scantrons Order Form" in Eagle Buy. This requires FOAPAL information and must be approved by the requesting department. After the approval process is complete (usually 1-2 days), you will receive an Eagle Buy notification that the Scantron exam sheets are ready for pickup at the Library front desk. Please pickup anytime between 8-4:30, Monday-Friday.
Pricing Per Pack:
A single pack contains 500 sheets; partial packs are not available.
- Blue sheets: $54.00 (we are selling the existing supply, then these will no longer be available)
- Purple sheets: $89.00