Careers in Student Affairs Month
What is Careers in Student Affairs?
Careers in Student Affairs (CSAM) is a month-long initiative each October. CSAM is dedicated to the celebration of a career in Student Affairs, education and awareness in the profession, and engagement with professional associations and peers in the field.
Goals of Careers in Student Affairs Month:
- Celebrate the field of student affairs through opportunities to reflect on individual journeys and experiences.
- Provide professional development for student affairs administrators in higher education.
- Encourage and promote the profession in order to grow the field of student affairs.
- Cultivate spaces for dialogue related to pertinent topics within student affairs.
Why Choose a Career in Student Affairs?
- A rewarding career
- Choice and flexibility
- Competitive benefits
- Appealing work environment
- Ability to make a direct impact with students
Interested in a Career in a Specific Student Affairs Department?
Check out the videos below for an overview about each department within the Division of Student Affairs. Each video will have an interview with a staff member from that specific department and they will talk about their experience in Student Affairs and higher education as a whole.