Angelo & Jennette Volpe Library
Course reserves are supplemental course materials for students to use. All reserve materials must be checked out at the library Front Desk.
Faculty: Putting Materials on Course Reserves
- Read the Course Reserves Procedures for details, and contact Rose Black with any questions.
- Complete and submit the Course Reserves Form (one form per course).
- If all reserve items are library-owned, your work is done. If any items are personally owned, bring them to the Front Desk with a note. Write "COURSE RESERVES" on the note and include your name and the course.
- Items will be placed on reserve within two business days, and you will receive email confirmation once the items are ready for use.
- Please come get your items off reserve once they are no longer needed. Your items will be removed if they have not been checked out for 2+ years.
On the Syllabus
If a class has course reserves, it is helpful to include a paragraph on the syllabus like the one below:
There are materials related to this course on reserve in the library. To use these items, go to the library Front Desk and ask for the specific item. You will be able to check this item out with an EagleCard for two hours or four days, depending on the item. Returning reserve items late will result in overdue fines.
Finding Course Reserves
Once items are on reserve, you may view them and their availability in EagleSearch.*
*There may be a delay in visibility due to processing times.