Campus Community Health • HEERF I, II & III

Registrar's Office


Considerations to be Made before Withdrawing:

Please discuss with your advisor before making the decision to withdraw! Tech has plenty of resources in place to help you, so that dropping your classes is not your only option. We are here to help you and want to make sure you succeed. We also want you to be as informed as possible before making the decision. We also suggest talking with the Counseling Center, if needed, or Financial Aid, the International Office, Military and Veteran's Affairs or any other applicable offices to you before requesting the withdrawal. 

How the Withdrawal Works 

Students who wish to drop to zero credit hours and/or withdraw from the University during a semester must submit a University Withdrawal. By submitting the withdrawal, you will receive a grade of "W" in all courses, unless the submission occurs within the time frame in which no grade is assigned (typically the first two weeks of classes for Summer and Fall semesters, or the first week of the Summer semester). The withdrawal submission must be received by the Registrar's Office before or on the last day of classes.
Students who do not timely submit a request to withdraw will receive a grade of F in each course for which they are registered. Submissions for withdrawal will not be considered if received after the last day of classes as specified in the Academic Calendar.
If you withdraw from classes and receive a “W” grade, you do not need to apply for readmission if you are attending the very next Fall or Spring semester. If you are skipping a Fall or Spring semester, you must apply for readmission (no fee) and can do so the very same day.
If you withdraw from all classes during the time period which the transcript will not reflect a W, you must apply for readmission (no fee) and can do so the very same day. Students withdrawing from summer term do not need to reapply if they plan to attend classes in the fall.
In the summer term, if a grade has been earned during any of the sessions, the withdrawal will be treated as a drop of a course rather than withdrawal so that the grade earned will not be voided by the withdrawal. If withdrawal/drop has been processed in the summer term and the student wishes to register for a later summer session, the student must go to the Office of the Registrar.
The refund policies for the University can be found on the Bursar’s web page.

To Submit Your Request to Withdraw: 

Complete the University Withdrawal request form.